Friday, October 14, 2011

Funny Fridays: Thursdays..Not the New Fridays



So my girl friends and I decided to get together for a dinner last night in the Marina, catch up, and have a few much needed drinks. Well...It was a great idea at the time, but today I'm thinking we could have stuck to just dinner. I would be enjoying the fact that it is Friday much more,  had I not drank those last two vodka sodas.


Thursday nights in San Francisco are quite aggressive I must say. I had not been out on a Thursday in awhile and now I remember why...because people get crazy and a little too anxious that the weekend is almost upon them. In the back of their mind, they are thinking "Tomorrow is Friday, I have had a long week, why not start celebrating early?" My answer to that is "Because you will look like the girl in this picture hating life at work the next day!" I sympathize with this girl. I feel her pain. All I want to do is hide under my desk and avoid conversations. Also, downing coffee and caffeine is always standard procedure for men on days like this. Looking at the clock every 5 seconds, hoping it miraculously skips an hour or two. It's the worst! 

The best is when I shower on a Friday morning and get all freshened up for work, and the first thing my coworker says to me when I walk in is "You smell like vodka". LOL. My response, "Oh, I'm glad you like my new scent, I went perfume testing last night and picked up a new bottle. It was between Monaghans and Tipsy Pig and I decided to go with Tipsy :) 

Also....One recommendation. On days like this, avoid super glue. I had the brilliant idea of attempting to fix some sunglasses of mine using it, and what happened? Oh... it ended up ALL OVER my hands. I now have leprosy and my fingers are stuck together. LOL. 

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your day, hungover or not hungover :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment